My Dear Jane Journal

I have moved all the posts for my "Dear Jane" quilt to a separate Blog.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

11th Birthday


Noah requested and approved!

I love when the kids request things for me to make.  This one was fun and challenging.  It is the Zeekeeper from Mario and Luigi's Dream Team.  I made him up as I went along, except for the basic bowling pin shape for the body.  The body shape was from 50 yards of Fun by Rebecca Danger. 

The body was knit. The bands of feathers around body were crochet directly to the body.  The wings were knit with a shell edging and individually knit feathers. The legs are i-cord with crochet feet. The eyes, beak and plumes were crochet.  The third central eye which is closed was created by sculpting\stitching  the body base.  The leg striping and eye pupils are embroidered.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin