My Dear Jane Journal

I have moved all the posts for my "Dear Jane" quilt to a separate Blog.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Binding

I actually finished a quilt today! It has been waiting for binding since last July.

I also made a really large tote bag. The bag pattern is a altered version of the tote in the April 2011 American Patchwork and quilting. I made the bag an inch and a half wider and squared off the bottom instead of having gathered round corners. I also left off the ties on the outside of the bag that slightly gathered the sides. It is big enough now to hold a 16 inch laptop.

I plan to make more of these tote bags. (even follow directions.) I think it would make a great Knitting bag if I add a few pockets to the inside.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Congrats on the happy finishes! Both the quilt and the bag look great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin