My Dear Jane Journal

I have moved all the posts for my "Dear Jane" quilt to a separate Blog.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Time to get back to being crafty.

This weekend I finally got back sewing and all things needle arts. I Quickly did a couple of clothing repairs and that jumped started me back to action. I sewed on a patch and mended a seam. Then moved on to turn one of Myra's favorite pairs of Jeans (with a ripped knee) into a tote/purse for her. I also sewed up a little zippered box bag for her to keep her lip gloss and such in.



I found some great pattern booklet finds at the thrift store that have my fingers itching to get back to my Dear Jane. And to start new projects. I will try to resist the new project urge.

I found and interesting leaflet for knitting a new yoke on a sweatshirt to dress it up a bit. I am going to give that a go, even though it is a "new" project.

Now I am off to make up a list of which Dear Jane blocks I need to work on to get back with the group. Lets hope I am not 40 blocks behind like I was last time I took an unplanned break.

Up for Swap this entire box of pre-cut "tumblers".
Various fabrics, some vintage and all fabric types including cotton, linen, and flannel.

1 comment:

Robin said...

It definitely looks like you're getting back into the crafty swing of things! The purse is very cute! What a fun way to upcycle an old pair of jeans. And the little box looks so handy!

Good luck to you as you pick up Dear Jane again! Can't wait to see what you put together! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin