My Dear Jane Journal

I have moved all the posts for my "Dear Jane" quilt to a separate Blog.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The ear


The ear
Originally uploaded by flibbertigibbetbunny

The story behind the Ear. I had seen a few ears on Ravelry that were done as a Challenge. And having once a few years ago played Diablo Online with my friends, I wanted to make an ear. In the Game In Player vs. Player mode, when you killed your opponent and Ear with their name was left on the ground for you to pick up. (Yes it is just a little disturbing.) So the ear is sort of a Gaming memento. Plus I just enjoyed the challenge of crocheting a somewhat realistic looking ear.

2 comments:

Stacy A. said...

Wowser! That is some ear, and it does look realistic. That is really amazing. And what a find with those books. I love looking at old craft books. Without them we wouldn't have the great ones we have today.
Hey I am having a giveaway over on my blog and wanted to make sure you knew about it.
That block is really something. You are the queen of the fussy cutters. You really do amazing things with the fabric. Have a great week. Love Stacy

Carin said...

You are amazing!!!!!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin