My Dear Jane Journal

I have moved all the posts for my "Dear Jane" quilt to a separate Blog.

Friday, February 1, 2008

daisy chain hat


daisy chain hat
Originally uploaded by flibbertigibbetbunny

I started to make the hat as written, but I think the cold weather inspired me to pick up 80 stitches and Knit the crown instead of crochet.

To make the stitches even I picked up three across the bottom of the petals that point strait up to crown . I picked the stitches up so the loops were on the inside. (I think a solid hat is the easiest way to keep the picked up stitches from showing up in an obvious way on the outside of the flowers.)

When I gets warmer weather I will have to make an all crochet one(with brighter colors). The pattern for the daisy chain was free here http://crochetroo.blogspot.com/2007/11/daisy-chain-beanie-scrapbuster-in.html

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Very pretty :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin